Interoperability and usability headline the global availability of Visage 7.1.8
SAN DIEGO, CA, June 22, 2016 – Visage Imaging, Inc. (“Visage”), a wholly owned subsidiary of Pro Medicus Ltd. (ASX: PME), has announced they will be exhibiting at the Society of Imaging Informatics in Medicine 2016 Annual Meeting (SIIM 2016, Portland, OR, June 29-July 1, Booths #501/503), demonstrating Visage 7.1.8, the latest release of the Visage® 7 Enterprise Imaging Platform. Visage 7 enables enterprise imaging with amazingly fast, thin-client, server-side processing technology, as well as simple diagnostic mobile access via Visage Ease Pro®.
Visage 7 is the industry’s leading enterprise diagnostic viewer for healthcare’s most acclaimed institutions. While many vendors struggle to complete new releases bi-annually, Visage customers have experienced the prolific benefits of customer-focused Agile development. In less than five years since RSNA 2011, Visage 7 has been carefully refined with over 4,200 enhancements and fixes, comprising a staggering 35 minor releases and 8 major releases.
Visage 7.1.8 prominently features more than 150 robustness, performance and usability refinements, including the following:
- Privacy Mode — live, dynamic anonymization of the Study Browser and View Screen (Viewer and Study Navigator) for enhanced PHI protection and compliance in ad-hoc demonstration situations.
- Breast Imaging — sweep mode for digital breast tomosynthesis (DBT); DBT position indicator displays frame position in the DBT stack and scanned orientation to the coronal plane; slice thickness can be adjusted while browsing DBT; and configurable multi-level toggle sequencing of viewer text (also available for all modalities).
- Protocols and Study Layouts — further improvements to the already strong multi-modality hanging protocol and layout engine adding even more flexibility and ease of use; enhanced drag-and-drop of multi-modality imaging series into tiled layouts; ad-hoc creation of any layout orientation(s).
- Brain Perfusion — results layout of colorized series via DICOM Presentation State; and user definable exclusion of time-steps from the analysis.
- MPEG4 — enhanced handling of movies and CINE clips including native export of MPEG4 clips from embedded movie objects.
- Enhanced DICOM — support for 3D Enhanced Ultrasound images.
- Messaging — administrators are able to message all active thin-client user sessions.
The release also offers interoperability using the following Integrating the Healthcare Enterprise (IHE) profiles successfully validated at IHE Europe Connectathon 2016: Digital Breast Tomosynthesis (DBT), Image Object Change Management (IOCM), and Cross Enterprise Clinical Documents Share (XDS.b).
Malte Westerhoff, PhD, Co-founder and Global CTO of Visage Imaging explained, “Visage is focused on results. Just two months after the Connectathon, Visage 7.1.8 has been released with proven interoperability and numerous customer-driven enhancements. Confidence and capability are not meaningless buzzwords, they are standard features with Visage 7.”
Visage is proud to be part of the SIIM 2016 scientific program. Dr. Westerhoff will be speaking at “Communication and Collaboration Using Enterprise Viewers in the EMR,” SIIM 2016 Industry Insights, on Wednesday, June 29 from 9:45 am-10:45 am.